White telephone


A mainland company is an onshore company that has been granted a license by the Department of Economic Development (DED) of the relevant emirate and is free to conduct business inside and outside the United Arab Emirates. The most well-liked and sensible option for company formation in Dubai is Mainland because it offers the most significant number of advantages for business establishment in the nation. However, some rules must be followed during the procedure, one of which is that a UAE national must have a minimum of 51% of the equity in any commercial firm, with the following exceptions:

  • Business ventures with a 100% foreign ownership restriction
  • Businesses that are based in free zones
  • Collaborations between UAE nationals and GCC businesses
  • Business ventures that allow for 100% local ownership

A professional license is necessary when an individual or group of individuals provides their expert service, and the business is 100% owned by the expat. Depending on the license type, one may need a local partner (Commercial and Industrial license) or a local service agent (Professional License). In administrative interactions with government agencies, the local Service agent serves as a representative. The local service agent gets compensated annually for their services rather than having a stake in the company.

Dubai Mainland Trade License

Although setting up a mainland company in Dubai can be challenging, we are here to help you navigate the maze. The cumulative experience of our team in providing legal and administrative support for international company operations exceeds ten years. We can help you get the UAE mainland company registration you want in the Dubai Free Trade Zone or the quick and easy investment visa your foreign business needs. In order to establish a business in the United Arab Emirates, a UAE national must own 51% of the shares. The foreign investor or foreign national receives the remaining 49%. No matter how much money a firm raises, it is a requirement.

However, this law does not apply to all business activities, and those it does not apply to include:

  • Free Zone businesses
  • Professional and Commercial licenses in Dubai Mainland
  • Businesses that have complete foreign ownership
  • UAE national – GCC partnership firms
  • Fully Local ownership business concerns

Our team of professionals will handle every step of the business registration process. Until you are happy, we will provide you with a one-on-one consultation.

Related Post


When opening a new site for your company in Dubai,


Providing company formation, onshore company registration, business registration, and free

Get your free consultation

One of our business consultants will get back to you within 24 hours